The Great Commission church movement is a U.S. based network of independent New Testament churches that follow Jesus Christ in proclaiming His gospel of grace to the whole world.
This movement has its roots in Jesus’ command in Matthew 28:19-20: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." The Great Commission church movement was inspired by two other movements in the history of Christianity—the Plymouth Brethren movement with its emphasis on the New Testament church and the Great Commission movement modeled by churches and ministries affiliated with the Lausanne Movement and Call2All with their focus on reaching every person in the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ. (For the history of Great Commission churches, click HERE).
Great Commission Churches builds cooperation between churches for the purpose of missions and church growth.
The following is a list of some of GCC's ministries provided to local churches:
- Great Commission Leadership Institute Foundations Program (GCLI) - Church-based leadership development for pastors-in-training
- Prayer Alliance - Weekly email video to mobilize people to pray for new gospel initiatives throughout the U.S. and the world
- Pastors Conference - Annual gathering of church pastors and leaders
- Faithwalkers Journal - Daily email devotional
- Accountability to Churches - The accountability process in Great Commission Churches
GCC also provides equipping resources developed by affiliated churches.