Great Commission Churches is a U.S. based fellowship of independent churches designed to equip, unite and provide accountability to churches and ministries that have a desire to fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ. Our heart is that churches will model "New Testament Christianity in Action Today." Below is a video that was made for a local church in which GCC Director John Hopler gives an overview of the movement.
The Great Commission church movement began in 1970 with a focus on planting and building churches that are devoted to Jesus Christ and fulfilling the Great Commission: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age," (Matthew 28:19, 20). More...
Services and Programs
Great Commission Churches helps coordinate ministry activity in the U.S., including church planting, youth events, leadership development, and church growth. GCC also collects and distributes equipping resources for church leaders and members.
The following is a list of some of GCC's events and resources for local churches:
- Great Commission Leadership Institute Foundations Program (GCLI) - Church-based leadership development for pastors-in-training
- GCLI "Going Deeper" Regionals - Ongoing doctrinal and core value discussions for current pastors and leaders
- Faithwalkers Conference - Dynamic conference for teens, young adults, and anyone who wants to refresh their faith and vision
- Pastors Conference - Annual gathering of church pastors and leaders
- Mission USA - Cooperative church planting in the U.S.
- Accountability to Churches - The accountability process in Great Commission Churches