One of the highlights of my year is to participate in the National Association of Evangelicals meetings. In 2011, we met in Salt Lake City and posed for the picture you see on this website. The NAE has been a leader at promoting unity in the body of Christ--and Great Commission Churches is honored to be able to participate in this wonderful ministry. Please pray that God will continue to build the NAE and all the member denominations, ministries and churches that work together to exalt the name of Jesus Christ.
John Hopler, GCC Director
"Great Commission Churches focus on evangelism and discipleship that is 1st century biblical and 21st century relevant.”
President of the National Association of Evangelicals
"Having worked with Great Commission Churches for many years as a consultant, I can tell you these people are good at what they do. If you are looking for competency in the missionary endeavor you can trust Great Commission Churches. These are great people doing great work."
CEO of Leadership Resource Group, Inc
(former leader with World Vision and Send International)
"I just received [the] Walnut Creek Update, and I read it very carefully because I had just been there. Praise God for the church and what is happening there. I pray that [Walnut Creek] will continue to grow and reach out to people..."
Dr. Elmer L. Towns
Co-Founder and Vice President
"As a local evangelical leader here in the greater Salt Lake City area, I thank God for the presence of the Great Commission Churches community! Pastor Bill Young leads a stellar team of pastors and the Rock Church is on the cutting edge of intentional evangelism. Bill and the team champion evangelism at all levels including youth, young adults, and the adult community. The Great Commission group of churches is about the advance of the Kingdom of God and they are for His glory and greatness. Praise God for GCC here in Utah. We are so blessed to be in Gospel partnership with them!"
Rev. Greg Johnson
President/Founder of Standing Together
For other partners, click HERE
Before He died on the cross, Jesus Christ prayed in John 17 for the unity of His disciples so that the world would believe in Him. Dr. Bill Bright of Campus Crusade, before he went to be with the Lord, said, "Let's put away our logos and our egos and make Jesus Christ number one."
Our desire is to unite with every Christian to glorify and proclaim Jesus Christ throughout the world. In a spirit of unity, churches that are part of Great Commission Churches partner with Christians in the following ways:
- International Partnerships (www.gcachurches.org) Great Commission Churches partners with ministries and churches that are part of the Great Commission church movement, internationally.
- Global Pastors Network (Call2All www.call2all.org) This ministry, started by Dr. Bill Bright, is a cooperative effort of evangelical churches, denominations, and ministries including the Southern Baptists and Campus Crusade for Christ. GPN's stated goal is to see 1 billion souls won to Christ and 5 millions churches planted. Great Commission Churches is an enthusiastic partner with GPN in this noble effort and encourages all affiliated churches and ministries to unite with GPN to see Jesus Christ exalted to the ends of the earth.
- Local Ministers Associations Each church in our association is encouraged to be part of their local ministerium, and to cooperate with other evangelical churches for the spreading of the gospel in their city.
- Other Recommended Christian Ministries Churches in our association utilize and work with various Christian ministries depending on the particular need and desire of that local congregation. Here are some of the most notable Christian ministries that Great Commission Churches recommends as we work to advance the kingdom of God:
- Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (www.ecfa.org) Great Commission Churches is part of ECFA, an association which helps Christ-centered organizations maintain high ethical financial standards.
- National Association of Evangelicals (www.nae.net) Great Commission Churches is part of NAE. The mission of the National Association of Evangelicals is to extend the kingdom of God through a fellowship of member denominations, churches, organizations, and individuals, demonstrating the unity of the body of Christ by standing for biblical truth, speaking with a representative voice, and serving the evangelical community through united action, cooperative ministry, and strategic planning.